Insulator is a kind of electrical equipment used in the power system. It is mainly used to prevent the current from escaping or flowing into the place where it should not go, so as to ensure the safe and stable operation of the power system. Insulators are generally made of insulating materials, such as porcelain, composite insulating materials, glass fiber reinforced plastic, etc., and their shapes, sizes and materials vary according to different uses and voltage levels.
- Isolating conductor: Insulators can isolate conductors on power equipment such as poles and transformers to prevent current from escaping or flowing into the surrounding environment and reduce the occurrence of electrical accidents.
- Support wire: Insulators can be used as the support for wires in power equipment and transmission lines to ensure that the wires are securely hung in the air to avoid problems such as wire breakage caused by excessive force.
- Insulation function: Insulators have good insulation performance, which can maintain the insulation state of power equipment and transmission lines under high voltage, so as to avoid leakage, short circuit and other problems of electrical equipment.
- Anti-pollution performance: Since power equipment and transmission lines are often in outdoor environment, insulators also need to have good anti-pollution ability to maintain normal working conditions in extreme weather and harsh environment.
- Transmission lines: Insulators are commonly used on high-voltage transmission lines to support and isolate transmission wires, ensure the smooth transmission of current, and prevent current from leaking out or flowing into places where it should not go.
- Substation: Insulators are also widely used in substations, mainly used to support and isolate conductors in transformer equipment, to ensure the safe operation of transformer equipment.
- Power pole and tower: Insulators are also used in power pole and tower, mainly used to support and isolate the transmission wires on the power pole and tower to ensure the safe operation of the power system.
- Power equipment: Insulators are also used in various power equipment, such as generators, transformers, motors, etc., to support and isolate the conductors in the equipment and ensure the normal work of the equipment.